Instead of a company posting a job opening, why not a person posting a company opening?
I’m Kevin, a creative full stack developer with over twenty years of experience building software. I’ve been building websites since 2000 and iOS apps since 2010. I’ve been the team lead on multiple projects, where I had 2 or 3 junior developers under my wing - until 2016 when I became a freelance developer. Since 2021 I’ve been running my own mentorship program, mentoring underprivileged junior iOS developers from all over the world, to scratch that itch to want to mentor people.
I’ve had a lot of fun working for big international clients like WeTransfer, Last.fm, Unilever and Sentry, but I want to start to move away from full-time programming. I want to move my day job towards leading and mentoring people, managing projects. And for this I am looking for a company that wants to hire me, one worthy to leave freelancing behind.
- Making a positive impact on the world
- Fully remote or remote-first
- Open source contributor
- Users and their privacy come first
- Transparency and honesty
- Small to medium sized
- A believer in good work/life balance
- React Native, Flutter, Electron or any other kind of cross-platform tools
- Anything related to crypto, gambling, fossil fuel, invasive ads and/or tracking of users
- Bro culture, “extremely hardcore”, any type of discrimination
- Elon Musk as the CEO
- 13 years with Python and Django
- 12 years with Objective-C
- 7 years with Swift
- 3 years with Svelte (1 with SvelteKit)
- 1 year with TypeScript
- More than 10 years as a senior/lead developer
- Led multiple teams and mentored multiple junior developers
- A big interest in functional languages, reactive programming, declarative programming
- A big passion for good design and user friendly UIs